QGIS, PostGIS, and Geoserver in an Enterprise Environment
Wednesday, September 28, 2022
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
Organizations that use GIS often get to the point where a file-based system becomes unmanageable — the file system gets cluttered with garbage data, multiple versions of critical data circulate, and any semblance of a GIS strategy slowly goes out the window. The solution usually lies in creating a central GIS server. Although many turn to proprietary server solutions, there are also many feature-rich open source GIS solutions. With QGIS, PostGIS, and Geoserver, organizations are able to enforce a series of rules for how data are managed within and outside the enterprise environment. During this one-hour webinar, we will introduce participants to some of the key enterprise features of an open source GIS server, namely:
- User management, permissions, and security;
- Concurrent editing;
- Centralized data;
- Centralized symbology;
- Custom forms using value relations;
- Data auditing;
- Automation through trigger functions and other stored procedures;
- Integration with other enterprise systems through foreign data wrappers;
- Sharing data web services;
- And more!
The webinar will conclude with a Q&A session.